Collection of Short Poems

 by Anushka Chakrabarti 


Promised Neverland

Where is Neverland

Why did we leave it

Was the prospect of glory tantalizing

Or was that what we were led to believe?


Bifocals

I often have to stop and think

Is the future truly blurry and unknown

Or do I need to clean my glasses?


Hello, My name is

Names have meaning

I have been told that much

But names have more meaning

When heard from the people who need to say them


The Road I took

Maybe one day I will look back and wonder

If things would have been different had I stepped on another path

Will I wonder then as I do now

All the "what if's" that haunt me?


Nightmares

I cannot remember my dreams

Occasionally the feelings left behind

Or maybe a memorable event

I only remember the gasps for breath as I am awoken

Wondering if the monster that chased me

Is the same one I have in my head.