The Evasiveness of Time

 

The Evasiveness of Time


Time melts into oil, running in all directions.

Thoughts and meaning lost all connections

Seconds, minutes, hours, days go by

And all I can do is sigh


Was I here today

Was I here tomorrow

Was I alone

Was I surrounded


Time is a funny thing, twisting and turning

Contorting reality, leaving me yearning

For the time that evades 

For once there was sun, now the snow covers the blades 


Was it covered today

Was it covered tomorrow

Was it here

Was it not


A blink, a year has passed by

The fog has placed a haze over my eye

The fog of isolation

The fog of all lost formation


Was this really me

Was this all an effect 

Was this the truth

Was this all a lie


I wish for the time of the past

For I can no longer last

I’m tired of the charades

Of the time that evades