a curated collection

 

the gaps

she outlines her heart 

like blood circling a drain 

this is where the resentment bloomed 

-

hope is caught between my tongue 

and my teeth

like an insect trapped in amber 

it sits without ambition

-
my bones grow weary and you are the culprit 
but maybe i am culpable too
how can i help it, though
if your bed is colder than yesterday 
i can’t recall you outgrowing me 
-

i am curling into myself again 

-
i hold resentment as close to my heart 
as i do my blood and bones 
but they grow weary
and tired 
i am so very tired 
but resentment 
never seems to tire 
these days
-

i must be wedded to the edges 

of my labyrinthine heart 

-

sometimes i think

that i have grown accustomed to the gaps 

but then my thoughts become deafening

once more

-

the cold of winter seems to numb

my conviction

so can someone be brave for me

can someone fill the gaps 


- anon